Friday, January 29, 2010

Worship Time

S and I discussed at the beginning of the year a desire to start a family worship time. However, with him still very much behind in school and the move coming up we didn't feel we could handle starting something at this time. S has been wanting to learn to play the guitar but learning a new instrument and finishing school was going to be a lot to take on right now. So we decided to play it by ear and just start by adding a bible story to A's bedtime routine. We have been pretty faithful about reading from her children's first bible every night and she enjoys it so much that if I get too busy during the day she will go get her bible and ask me to read to her. By about the third night we had read every story in the little bible at least twice so I began singing some songs that go with the stories I knew. She loved it!! Before I knew it she had me singing Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho ALL DAY! even for bedtime she would turn to the story of Joshua and have me sing the song before and after reading the story. Finally last night S decided to help me out when he took a break from school work. A loved daddy joining in the singing as well as the guitar! The last couple of nights have been so heart warming watching her enjoy the reading and singing.
Jesus . . . said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luke 18:16

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled to see you guys implementing family worship! It is one decision you will truly never regret! We have come to cherish it so much, and the children look forward to it at the close of every day!

    ReplyDelete