Saturday, April 10, 2010

On the Road Again

We started the second leg of our trip this morning and I can't get the song "On the Road again" out of my head!! We had a couple of relaxing days with my sister-in-law at their house in Las Vegas. I know most would not consider a house with 12 people (6 of whom are under the age of 5) to be very relaxing, however, I can do family, meals and visiting. Sitting in the car for hours on end stresses me more. I think its the boredom that gets to me as well as the cramped position, which makes me want to sleep which makes S pick on me for missing the trip!! Its just a vicious cycle!
So the last few days have been very busy. Thursday night after Chuck E Cheese B took her first steps!! I was worried I wouldn't be there when she did it. Even though the first step was to Aunt D (:P) She did take 3 steps to me.

Yesterday was our last full day with the family so we took the opportunity to take some family pictures. I didn't realize how big this side of the family was until I looked at the pictures.


B didn't like the feel of the grass on her knees so she did the Mogli crawl and it was just too cute not to share!


After the pictures my sister-in-law and her husband took the opportunity to go on a date and spend some time together since they will most likely not get another chance next week with so many kids in the house. So S and I took the opportunity to give the older kids extra dessert.


We stopped by a Cheesecake Factory on the way back from taking pictures and picked up a pie. Our oldest nephew was allowed to have as much as he wanted.


OK, so he didn't really eat that BIG slice and S may have helped him with the icing on the face. His parents have taught him very well and he informed Uncle S that too much pie would make him sick to his stomach so he only wanted a little piece. So much for spoiling him, he's too smart for that!
This morning we said our goodbyes and played with the kids one last time. They had a blast turning Uncle S into a porcupine.
Our girls were much clingier than they were when we left Ga. B even had a serious temper tantrum and A started trying to bite the other kids. It amazes me how much even little kids pick up on things. This also made leaving this time much harder than when we left Ga. Hopefully we will make Anchorage in record time and may be able to move their flight up!! Until then we will be praying they behave and we have a safe swift journey.

4 comments:

  1. I know it's only been a few hours since you left, but the girls are doing fine. They have actually been quite well behaved, with only minimal "testing" as they are learning the ropes around here. I think it helps to have 4 others showing them what to do! Just FYI, I gave B some apple juice in a cup with a straw for a lunch. It took about 4 "lessons," and now she is a champ at it! Both girls went right to sleep at nap time with absolutely no arguement, so since 1:00, it has been absolute peace and quiet around here. Ya'll stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, love Bri's Mowgli crawl. Glad you caught that. Ya'll be careful out there. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. The family picture was awesome! Make sure you keep it and share it with your family. It will be something that everyone will remember fondly years down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would guess a resturant, but no access. Must mark something. Dad

    ReplyDelete